Unit price per
The Baby Shusher is a revolutionary new tool for parents using an ancient but doctor-tested technique to help soothe even the fussiest of babies. The Baby Shusher breaks a baby’s crying spell by engaging his or her natural calming reflex. The rhythmic shush reminds the baby of being inside the womb, where there is a constant inundation of loud sounds from blood flow and other in-utero noises (up to 95 dBs, or the sound of a very loud vacuum cleaner). These sounds, which may initially seem harsh, are actually very calming to a baby.
- revolutionary product - quickly soothes a fussy baby with rhythmic "shush" sounds
- timing options - 15 or 30 minute settings with user-controlled volume adjustability
- ideal for newborns and up
- The Baby Shusher is intended for use when a baby is well fed and burped, has a clean diaper and is still in a crying spell.
- It is important that The Baby Shusher is within 2 feet of a baby's hearing radius. This will ensure that the baby hears the rhythmic shush above their own cry, and their natural calming reflex will be engaged.
- The direction of the rhythmic shush sound is very important. In order for the baby to hear and engage with the rhythmic shush, the sound waves should be traveling towards the baby's ears and not away.
- It is recommended to begin using The Baby Shusher at a volume that is loud enough to catch your baby's attention during a crying spell. Once your baby's calming reflex has been engaged, turn the volume down on the rhythmic shush to match your baby's calm state.
- It is highly recommended to use The Baby Shusher along with other soothing techniques, including swaddling, swinging and (soother) sucking.